Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cure to Scars?

Skin-cell Spray Gun

Skin gun a product of studying stem-cells.  It is a gun that takes the skin cells around the 2nd degree burned area and recover its skin.  This invention is being used a lot in battle, because there are many burn victims from suicide bombing and bombing in general.

I think this is a great invention, because everyone wouldn't be afraid of the fire or the phrase " If you can't stand the fire, get out of the kitchen", haha, just kidding.  But seriously though, people would not have to worry about getting burned by the stove or worry about scars or scabs forming.

Besides being used for burns, I think this invention is a great start for the cure of acne scars.  Being a person that has been suffering from acne for 6 years now, I believe that this gun could be the invention that can help everyone recover from their acne scars and have a clear face again. 

With the invention of Skin-gun, it might even take some of the business from plastic surgeons.  People wouldn't have to remodel their faces due to the scars, because all they have to do is just rebuild their skin.  This type of treatment is all natural too, because it is using the skin that is around you and just stimulating the area to grow more of what you have.

In addition to acne-scar treatment, it can be used on people that have eczema.  Eczema is when the skin is easily irritated and inflamed.  When people scratch their skin, they can easily cause scars as well as have different shades of skin color.  I think this gun will be very useful for people that are suffering from that disease.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really amazing and a very innovative use of stem cells. I actually didn't really watch the video, just listened to it, because it was too graphic for me (I have a weak stomach; one reason why I don't want to be a doctor.) Anyways, it's cool how they can obtain the stem cells of the skin to greatly speed up the healing process.

    Stem cells are really cool and amazing in that they can turn into a lot of other type of cells in the body making them useful in many different applications. I haven't studied much about them yet, but I will in the future; I think I should make one of my post about stem cells. Hopefully this technology can be approved and be available for not that much of a price. Great post.

    ReplyDelete